Fast telephone access to expert physiotherapy services without the need to see your GP first.
As a PHC member with private healthcare cover you don’t need to put up with aches and pains. Working Body provides direct and speedy access to qualified physiotherapists without the need to see a GP first.
The Working Body team will assess your condition and provide expert guidance on next steps.
This could include a range of options such as:
They’ll provide clinical advice on things you can do to get better – from personalised exercise programmes, with videos and step by step guidance, to advice on easing the pain. They’ll also provide hints and tips to help you avoid a recurrence without the need of seeing someone face to face.
- Treatment with a physiotherapist, chiropractor or osteopath
If a course of physiotherapy, osteopathy or chiropractic treatment is what’s needed, they’ll make the arrangements for you to see someone who’s a convenient distance from work or home.
- Imaging referral
If imaging is deemed clinically appropriate, our Advanced Physiotherapists can organise and make the necessary arrangements for you.
- Referral to a specialist or consultant
Some conditions might need a visit to a specialist. They’ll arrange and book an appointment for you to see an appropriate person at a time and place that fits around everything you’ve got going on at work.
Support doesn’t end here. They’ll support you during recovery, with advice on preventing conditions returning and managing them if they do flare-up again.
Don’t worry if you have a physiotherapist who has looked after you in the past. You can still see them as long as the treatment is eligible, and they are recognised by us.
Please note that Working Body is not available to members under the age of 18 years old. Members under 18 years old will need to visit their GP and request an onward referral.
Why Working Body?
- You can speak directly to an experienced physiotherapist
Get advice straight away so any necessary interventions can start straight away.
- Phone consultations
With no need to put things off, you can get in touch with an expert faster.
- Convenient appointments, including Saturdays
Making it easier to see an appropriate person.
- Treatment organised for you
Removes the hassle of finding an appointment to suit your diary.
- Follow-up support
If you experience muscle, bone or joint pain all you need to do is:
1. Call the claims line on 0800 068 7111.
2. We will check that you are covered and refer you to the Working Body team at AXA PPP healthcare
3. A physiotherapist from the Working Body team will contact you quickly. This will be between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
(Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance, training and as a record of your conversation).
4. During the phone call the physiotherapist will listen to your concerns, take you through an initial assessment and then advise the most appropriate treatment for you.